Sunday 17 April 2011

Your Highness


The Synopsis
Thadeous (Danny McBride) is the younger brother of the impressive and good looking warrior Prince, Fabious (James Franco) and has always been in his shadow. But when Fabious's bride Belladonna (Zooey Deshcanel) gets kidnapped by the evil warlock Leezar (Justin Theroux) he is forced to work with his brother and brave his first quest to bring her back home. Along the way they meet Isabel (Natalie Portman), a beautiful warrior who Thadeous immediately falls for.

The Review
I liked this. It was funny in a way that these particular film makers and writers are. It had an feeling that screamed if Pineapple Express had been set thousands of years prior then this is what it would have been.

I loved the juxta positioning they did of the Medieval time they were in and the modern language and other little bits and pieces of today's time thrown in. It became a running joke throughout the film that didn't ever get old.

I particularly adored Fabious's almost incestuous love that he had towards his younger brother, always hugging him that little too close and talking about him with just that little bit too much adoration in his eyes.

I also realised that I hate Natalie Portman's body (in the sense that I loved it and mourned that I do not have it). I'm usually not that fussed about my own weight, I'm too lazy to really do anything about it anyway. But I watched this and thought, hmmmm, I definitely envy you Natalie Portman. Film-Buddy-Kezia had a particularly humourous moment during watching this film as she turned to me just as Natalie Portman was taking off her clothes to bathe and said "I love Natalie Portman." She then stopped, tilted her head to one side and added, "Probably not the best point of the film to mention my appreciation for her acting is it? It just sounds sort of pervy now." Oh how I laughed.

Overall it was a fun film, I did have to take a moment of amazement at one point as I realised I was watching a scene with 6 or so actors all speaking in an English accent and not one of them actually was from England. That seemed a little weird lol.

I can't bring myself to give it anymore than three faces because although I enjoyed it, there were moments I felt dragged and, well, there really wasn't anything about it that made me get that excited tbh. It is a fun one though and I definitely do recommend it if you fancy laugh. Especially if you are a Pineapple Express fan.

No comments: