Sunday 17 April 2011

Scream 4


The Synopsis
Sidney Prescott (Neve Campbell) is back in Woodsboro to promote her new book on how to move on from being a victim. However, from the moment she comes back, she is thrown into a world she is sadly all too familiar with as calls begin to come in asking a whole new generation the big question. "What's your scary movie?"

The Review
Okay, so I don't know if I am able to be anything other than completely biased with this film review as the whole Scream series are such a massive part of my teenage life that I can't help but completely geek out over there being a new one!

I have many a memory of girly sleep overs where we would curl up under a blanket on the sofa and scream into our popcorn at each new death. If you know me at all from my randomthoughts blog page, you would know that I am not a fan of the scary movie. However these films I tend to have a little bit of a immunity to due to my excitement for re-living my teen years being a far more dominant emotion.

I can't tell you the feeling of joy I felt when I first saw Dewey (David Arquette), Gail (Courtney Cox) and Sidney (Neve Campbell) all together in one scene again. And although yes they are not life changing films and yes they may not have much substance to it and yes they're even not particularly that scary but it is SCREAM man!! It is it's own thing.

It did what Scream did best, it analysed the film for you as you watched. Really there is no need for me to review it because they do it all themselves. The whole film constantly played the pros and cons of the series off each other through the film version of the real life events called 'Stab.'

Film-Buddy-Kezia had not seen any of the others and managed to enjoy it still (which I'm not surprised because it's awesome). My FAVOURITE bits throughout were when they tipped their hats to the previous films (mainly the first) and created in some cases almost identical situations as we have found previously (garage door opening, boyfriend tied to chair).

I also LOVED the opening sequence, creating a series of scenes of a 'film inside a film' idea and, again, doing what they do best by bringing a few well known actors into the mix for one scene cameos (Anna Paquin, Kristen Bell).

This is the first film for a while where I've come out, punching the air and saying 'Yesss man, I'm buying the DVD.' I guess that means it can only have one score.

No comments: