Wednesday 16 February 2011

Just go with it


The Synopsis

After being jaded at his wedding Danny (Adam Sandler) devotes his life to using the idea of marriage as only a tool to pick up women. This was a flawless plan until Palmer (Brooklyn Decker) comes into his life and he thinks she could be something more. However when she finds his fake wedding ring in his trouser pocket, he is forced to enter into a lie involving his assistant Katherine (Jennifer Aniston)and her two children as his made up ex wife and kids.

The Review

I've never been much of a fan of Adam Sandler's straight out comedies but I love his rom coms. Let me get this out now, it is in no way a challenging movie and if you've seen 50 First Dates then expect the exact same gags but I tend to forgive him for this as it doesn't pretend to be anything else. I almost love that Adam Sandler doesn't change his rom coms from one to the other, the fact that they are always the same is like a security blanket that you can curl up under and feel safe.

Now it is stupidly unrealistic and sacrifices a lot for the sake of the gags involved but you don't end up too cut up about it as if you were expecting anything else then... well... do you not know Adam Sandler at all?

Having said all that, although it left me feeling all happy and warm inside I don't really have anything else to say about it. It was fun, it had a lot of jokes, (some I got, some I didn't) and it even had an A list supporting role (Nicole Kidman) but other than that it doesn't hold anything else to review.

Go and see it if you want a brainless feel good film and don't mind that it has a storyline you could have predicted from the trailer alone. 3 faces from me!

No comments: