Saturday 13 September 2008

Get Smart

Maxwell Smart (Steve Carell) is Controls best analyst who deperately wants to be a field agent, when his opportunity arrives, himself and his partner Agent 99 (Anne Hathaway) go on a mission to disarm and nuclear bomb and save the world.

If I needed a pick me up to restore my faith in movies again then this is it!! Never mind the fact that it has one of the funniest men I've seen as its main character and an actress I've been in love with since Princess Diaries has its leading lady, this film is well written, has amazing energy and has that extra kick to it through it's supporting roles. Roles such as Dwayne Johnson AKA 'The Rock,' Hero's Masi Oka, Anchormans David Koechner and even tiny Cameo roles by the likes of Bill Murray!!

I was dubious to say the least when buying my ticket to this film given the similarities it held to Johnny English starring Rowan Atkinson. I did worry if the Americans were just trying to take our ideas and turn them over the top again. But all worries were gone within the first ten minutes and I was hooked for the remainder of the film. In fact due to the stupid amount of people who don't want to see it because of the fear that it's just copying our British humour I don't know why they don't put as a tagline on every billboard isn't 'We're not trying to beat Johnny English'

Aside from one part in the middle where I felt they had removed a scene from the plot and then very awkwardly patched it up I could see very few faults!!

If you want to see a funny film this month then this is the one for you, I don't think I've seen it hyped enough, so I'm doing it now.

2 comments:

Daniel Harries said...

I managed to have this review read to me by the author,

i laughed, cried, it was a very moving experience.

Plumsauce10 said...

actually I read to you the duchess.... I guess that shows how much you enjoyed it!!