Saturday 13 September 2008

Disaster Movie


As I tentatively typed the title disaster movie into google images to get an image for this review I almost shied away from the screen when the results came up. You see there are certain memories that you have you simply don't want to remember.

You know that bank in your brain where you keep everything you've suppressed? This movie is an addition to that bank if you dare venture out to see it.

It's based on every action/disaster movie in the last ten years as well as a few others as well such as Sex and the City and High School Musical but not only were the jokes flat lining, they also played on each and every one of them for like ten minutes each making you wonder where the nearest exit is.

It actually made me appreciate the Trojan's 300 spoof even more, I'm even intrigued to watch it again....

Now we all can stretch our mind backs to that time in our lives where we hear something slightly amusing and laugh at first but then it gets repeated over and over till it's more annoying than funny.... This film had aspects of that throughout. My choice of picture was deliberate because the only two barely decent roles were the princess and Juno. Juno's especially however was short lived and her slightly amusing hand guestures at the beginning made me want to rip them off by the end.

Note how I said there were aspects of funny jokes stretched thin?? That's because the rest of it was worse than that, I've asked you to imagine the funny joke scenario now I want you to remember that time when someone said something they thought was funny then coz no one laughed continued to say it hoping it would magically become funny....

That was the rest of this film.

Meh.

I'm done ranting.


No comments: